Monday, May 4, 2009

21 Memos From A Child

While waiting for his Pedia, I noticed a poster hanged on the side door of the clinic. I asked Ate Lorna, the medical secretary if she has a copy of that, because the message really touched my heart. Sad to say, "naubusan ka na" sabi ni Ate Lorna... So I copied the entire content of the poster's message and sometimes Jeff would dictate some of the lines. I believe the the message has a strong message for all of us parents and so i wanted to share it with you.

And here it is.....

21 Memos from a Child

1. Don't spoil me. I know quite well that I ought not have all that I ask for. I'm only testing you.
2. Don't be afraid to be firm with me, I prefer it. It makes me feel more secure.
3. Don't make me form bad habits. I have to rely on you to detect them in the early stages.
4. Don't make me feel smaller than I am. It only makes me behave stupidly "big".
5. Don't correct me in front of people if you can help it. I'll take much more notice if you talk quietly with me in private.
6. Don't make me feel that my mistakes are sins. It upsets my sense of values.
7. Don't protect me from consequences. I need to learn the painful way, sometimes.
8. Don't be too upset when I say "I hate you..". It isn't you I hate, but your power to thwart me.
9. Don't take too much notice of my small ailments. Sometimes they get me the attention I need.
10. Don't nag. If you do, I have to protect myself by appearing deaf.
11. Don't forget that I cannot explain myself as well as I should like. That is why I am not always very accurate.
12. Don't make rash promises. Remember that I feel badly let down when promises are broken.
13. Don't tax my honesty too much. I am easily frightened into telling lies.
14. Don't be inconsistent. That easily confuses me and makes me lose faith in you.
15. Don't tell me that my fears are silly. They are terribly real and you can do much to reassure me if you try to understand.
16. Don't put me off when I ask questions. If you do, you will find that I will stop asking and seek my information elsewhere.
17. Don't ever suggest that you are perfect or infallible. It gives me too great a shock when I discover that you are neither.
18. Don't ever think that it is beneath your dignity to apologize to me. An honest apology makes me feel suprisingly warm toward you.
19. Don't forget how quickly I am growing up. It must be very difficult to keep pace with me, but please try.
20. Don't forget, I love experimenting. I couldn't get on without it so please put up with it.
21. Don't forget, I can't thrive without lots of understanding love. But I don't need to tell you, do I?

Hindi ba maganda ang message niya? I don't know who wrote this... pero pinagtiyagaan ko siyang kopyahin para mai-share ko sa inyo!!!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for posting it.... naghahanap ako ng copy eh... nakita ko din yung poster sa clinic ng pedia ni baby... thanks ulit....

    ReplyDelete
  2. May free ift poster po ba kayo nitong 21 memos of a child? wanna have some sana po eh for me to remind how to nurture my child....please email me for an update of my request...thank you po!
    mej_030306@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Let me here from you ...